No Skidding SAFE-DECK® - a unique coating technology that allows wood to breathe - unlike any other.
SAFE-DECK® is different to any other wood coating that typically fail due to the evaporation of water vapour which causes them to pop -off the surface. SAFE-DECK® allows water vapour to escape but doesn't allow rain in.
Wood as a natural product holds moisture which overtime will evaporate. If a traditional style paint coating is used on an external wooden surface, it will seal the wood. This will block the evaporation of moisture from the wood for a period of time, but eventually the water vapour will work its way between the coating and the wood and ‘pop it off' the surface.
SAFE-DECK® is an acrylic based system containing no oils allowing water vapour to evaporate but not allowing water through to the wood:
- A three part acrylic coating system including: Primer, Base Coat and Colour Finish Coat.
- The base coat has a traction granule incorporated into it for safety under foot.
- Proven product used for 20 years.
- An acrylic breathable membrane that allows water vapour to escape, and doesn't allow rain to enter.
- It is extremely flexible.
- The Primer penetrates the plank well and establishes an excellent platform for the Base Coat.
- The Base Coat incorporates the traction granules creating a slip resistant surface.
- The Finish Coat offer additional protection for the primer and base coat as well as uniform colour finish in a choice of Slate Grey, Charcoal Grey, Green, Cottage Brown (Darker) and Cedar Brown (Light).
- SAFE-DECK® dries in 3- 5 hours between coats.
- A coated deck can be used the next day if drying conditions are right.